|VOLUNTEER APPLICATION||Volunteer Help & FAQ (Welcome!)|
What it’s like to volunteer with Further Confusion
Further Confusion is 100% volunteer run. From first-time Gofurs, to long-time Board Members, all members of FurCon staff work on the convention in their spare time. We are constantly amazed by the positivity and dedication of our volunteers, who are truly the backbone of our event.
Volunteers receive a lot of perks!
All volunteers receive free registration, or a $70 discount on sponsor or super-sponsor registration. Our dedicated Hospitality team serves up free hot meals for our volunteers every day of the convention. Hotel booking is easier than ever when you help us out; our staff room block allows you to easily book a room without rushing on release day. And at the end of a long day, we’re delighted to offer our volunteers front of line privileges at our main and second stage events.
Volunteering doesn’t have to be a huge time commitment!
We work hard to make sure that our volunteers can find balance to enjoy the con themselves as well as helping out — most at-con volunteer expectations are for 12 hours across the convention, or roughly 4 hours per day, and there are also plenty of entirely-pre-con positions. We’re happy to help you find a position that fits your schedule.
We encourage our volunteers to attend monthly meetings, either in person or remotely. Ability to attend meetings is not a requirement of volunteering; it’s just helpful! Our volunteer meetings are typically held on the third Saturday of each month, at 1PM. Here are the dates and locations of our upcoming meetings:
|Saturday, January 11, 2020
|Final meeting before the con! 😱
San Jose Hilton
300 Almaden Blvd, San Jose CA 95110
Santa Clara Room – 2nd Floor
Thurs Jan 16 – 9PM
Fri Jan 17 – 10AM
|Blossom Hill Room at SJ Marriott
Attendance strongly recommended, but you only need to attend one.
Coming to a staff meeting? We’d love to see you! Looking for where to park? Check out the Parking section of Travel Tips for resources. (Note that quoted con parking rates only apply during the con itself.)
Some recommended options when parking downtown:
- Sometimes you can find free street parking on Delmas between Park and Auzerais. About a 10-minute walk.
- Park at the Second and San Carlos garage, which has a flat rate of $5 on weekends. Also about a 10-minute walk.
- Many nearby restaurants will validate your SJPark ticket, so grab lunch at La Vic before or after the meeting, and ask for validation to get your garage parking discounted.
- Public transit is abundant downtown — save on parking altogether!
- You can take light rail directly to the convention center for $2.50.
- Depending where you are coming from, you may also consider a ride sharing app, rental scooters, or biking as possible alternatives to parking downtown.