Thank you for hosting a panel at Further Confusion! We have some guidelines and information for you that may help make your panel safer and easier to present.
Code of conduct
Remember that as panelists you speak for the convention. Help us make this a fun and safe place by respecting our attendees and reminding them to respect each other. Please take a moment to review the code of conduct in your con book or online here:
Panels must be appropriate for a general audience unless they are listed as 18+ only. Contact ConOps if a volunteer is not posted at the door to check the age on badges at 18+ panels.
- Upon arriving at the convention, please check-in as a panelist at Con Ops
Gifts are available, and it helps us know you’re actually here.
- Do not move chairs or furniture in the convention center, as this is within the realm of union worker control. Call Con Ops, and we’ll get it taken care of for you.
- All projectors will take DVI, VGA, and HDMI (via included adapters).* If you are in need of an additional adapter for your device to use the projector, we have several available at Con Ops. Examples include: iPhone to VGA, MDP to DVI, etc. We recommend bringing your own to reduce hassle though.
- Normal panel rooms do not automatically come with audio amplification. If this is desired, we have ipa77 ion tailgaters available for check out from Con-ops. (here’s the product description on Amazon). They have microphones, line-in, and bluetooth inputs, so they can be used as an external speaker for things like computers or other devices.
- Dealing with Hecklers
- Ask to save questions to end of panel.
- Let them know you appreciate their input, but ask that they hold comments until the end.
- Be kind to them, but do not be afraid to cut them short.
- Please arrive before your panel starts to make sure the room is how you need it.
For any immediate at-convention problems contact one of the following:
Convention Operations (Room / setup / general issues) (408) 837-5849
FLARE (Matters of safety / Crowd control) (408) 837-0391
✩ Note that FLARE, and Con Operations can be text messaged. Don’t hesitate to contact Flare with your panel name and brief problem description if you need assistance dealing with an unruly audience member.
* The projector posted in Gaming is planned to be HDMI only.