Less than 30 days remain until colorful fuzzy creatures roam the streets of San Jose! Here’s some updates to get you hyped through the holiday season!
General Programming updates
- Our schedule of events and panels is finally coming together and all of our panelists should be notified soon of their time slots. After ironing out any needed changes, we will be able to publish our final (but subject to change) schedule for all of you to see and plan around!
- FurCon: Unleashed! is CLOSED for act submissions, as we have a full show for you! Catch it on Sunday evening!
- Fancy Friday will be making a return, and we’ve listened to what you had to say. This year, we will be bringing in additional bartenders, and are looking into extending the event as well. Importantly, tickets will be sold online before the con this year, so please keep an eye out for updates!
- We are still looking for volunteers to help out with Fursuit Lounge, Gaming, and Critterlympics. If you have any friends who might be interested in helping out, please direct them to [email protected] and we will find a place that makes them happy, and lets them still have fun while they volunteer!
Fursuit Dance Competition signups
Sign-ups are NOW OPEN for our amazing Fursuit Dance Competition! If you’ve got a killer choreography routine, this is the place for you to throw down! Be sure to SIGN UP ONLINE before January 10th!
Sign-ups are ALSO OPEN for our annual Masquerade! The Masquerade highlights some of the best craftsmanship and creativity the fandom has to offer. Showcase your latest fursuit creation for a panel of judges, including our Guests of Honor! View the full rules, judging categories, and sign-up form on the Masquerade page!
DJ schedule released!
Don’t miss an opportunity to shake your tails at our amazing nightly dances! Our DJ Schedule has now been released, and will also be printed in the Pocket Program! Schedule subject to change.
Hotel Block Closing
Our hotel block will close for reservations on December 23rd. Note that there is still plenty of space in our overflow hotel, the San Jose Fairmont!
If you’re looking to fill a hotel room, or want to find someone who is, be sure to use our Rooms and Rideshare Forums to post requests. If forums aren’t your thing, but you’d like exposure for a room request, tweet using the hashtag #FCRoomies and we’ll retweet it!
USE THE CODE: FURCON for a free first ride with Lyft (up to $25!)*
- Download Lyft here (or use the Apple App Store or Google Play)
- Go to the “Payments” section and enter the code: FURCON
- Available to New Users (those who’ve never taken a Lyft and never redeemed a code)
- Request a Lyft when you need a ride!
- Already use Lyft? Tell your friends — refer them through the app and you’ll both get a free ride!
*Please note: this is not a $25 “credit”, but rather a one-time ride code for a value up to $25. The code will disappear after use.
Update: Lyft drivers are not able to pick up or drop off passengers at San Jose International (due to requests from city and airport officials), while they work to reach a compromise on ride-sharing services. We’ll keep you posted if anything changes!
Registration pricing & fursuit badges
While pre-registration is now possible through the beginning of the year, the price of an Attending membership will increase to the at-con rate of $60 beginning January 1st! Register ASAP to get the $50 rate for the entire weekend, and have your badge pre-printed and ready by Thursday of the con!
Sponsor and Super-Sponsor pricing will remain the same; these memberships come with great perks and gifts, including guaranteeing your preferred t-shirt size!
Pre-registration will CLOSE on January 10th to give us time to pre-print all the badges!
Fursuit badging is also returning this year, but only for pre-registered attendees! You can now upload your own photo to be printed as a valid FC badge, and receive both badges at pre-registration pickup! Sponsors and Super-Sponsors can request up to 2 and 3 badges, respectively. Additional fursuit badges are available for a $2.50 donation to Rocket Dog Rescue.
Volunteer with FC!
FurCon is only made possible by the generous dedication and support of our awesome Volunteers! It takes a big team to run this ship, and we’d love for you to join us! Volunteer opportunities are available in many departments, and only require a minimum of 12 hours of your time.
Departments in need of help:
- Logistics: help us during load-in and load-out
- Registration: be the first smiling face our attendees see (help needed especially on Thursday!)
- Go-Furs: Go-Furs help us in many areas of the convention, usually in lending an extra hand to a department in need, or checking badges at doors. Go-Furs are eligible for extra rewards, including rollover registration for FC 2016!
Please join us this Saturday the 20th at 1PM at the San Jose Fairmont and learn the latest FC news, and how you can help us out! Learn more about volunteer opportunities here!