The San Jose Convention Center and our hotels are located in downtown San Jose. As such, there are a wide range of parking options:
- San Jose Convention Center garage rate (confirmed 1/10/2018): $20 a day with multi day savings:
- 2 days for $30, YOU SAVE $10
- 3 days for $45, YOU SAVE $15
- 4 days for $60, YOU SAVE $20
- 5 days for $70, YOU SAVE $30
- In and out is included as long as you pre-pay at the parking office on the Marriott side before leaving the lot
- The San Jose Marriott offers valet parking only for a limited number of vehicles. The cost is $20 for overnight valet parking with in/out privileges.
- The Hilton San Jose offers self-parking for $20 a night and valet for $35 a night, both with in/out privileges.
- The Hyatt Place San Jose offers self-parking for hotel guests at $26 per night.
There are other options for parking in downtown, including the open-air Almaden-Woz lot across from the Hilton ($7/day) and the open-air First Street & I-280 lot ($5; free on weekends and after 6pm on weekdays). For more information on the parking options, we strongly recommend visiting the San Jose Downtown Parking website. A map of parking lots located in the immediate vicinity of the convention center has been included below for reference.
The San Jose Convention Center will enforce a lost ticket policy of $75, equal to the price of parking for the full event.
Getting to the convention from the airport (SJC)
There are no free shuttles between the San Jose Airport and the convention hotels. We recommend these options:
Uber and Lyft are easily accessible from the Ground Transportation area at San Jose Airport. This is the fastest option from the airport to the Convention Center and hotels.
From the San Jose Airport:
Note: refer to the official Ground Transportation page on the SJC airport site.
To save a bit of money and use public transport, a quick combination of bus and light-rail will take you to and from the airport for $2.25. Note that this may not be the best option if you have many bags/fursuit bins/etc.
Taxis are available from the ground transportation area of SJC. All trips from SJC are a minimum of $15, which includes the first 3 miles of travel and a $1.50 airport fee. Beyond 3 miles, the fares are charged by meter at $3.00 per mile. In our experience, getting to the Convention Center will cost around $25.
In lieu of hiring a taxi, paid shuttle services are available:
- SuperShuttle: 1-800-258-3826
- VIP Airport Shuttle: 1-408-986-6000
- S&E Bay Airport Shuttle: 1-800-548-4664 / 1.408.225.4444
Getting to the convention from SFO (San Francisco International):
Public transit from SFO to downtown San Jose involves a combination of BART, Caltrain, and VTA services. BART connects SFO to the Caltrain rail system at the Millbrae Station. Trains operate between Millbrae and San Jose until 12AM. Upon arriving at the San Jose Diridon station, a short bus ride will take you to the San Jose Convention Center (see below).
We recommend using Google Maps to plan for public transit based on your arrival time.
Getting to the convention from San Jose Diridon Station (Caltrain/Amtrak):
San Jose Diridon transit center is located on the edge of downtown San Jose. It is approximately a 20 minute walk to the Convention Center, which is fine if you aren’t carrying multiple bags or fursuit bins. Fortunately, multiple bus lines connect the train station to SJCC: 64, 68, 22, and Light Rail (going towards Mountain View).
The VTA DASH is a FREE weekday shuttle from San Jose Diridon that loops around downtown, including a stop across from the Convention Center. This shuttle runs Monday to Friday from 6:00AM to 9:00PM.
Accessible Travel Information
For our attendees with mobility limitations, additional information on accommodations, travel and more can be found below!
VTA (Light Rail / Buses / Paratransit)
Accessibility on CalTrain