Act Submission are OPEN. They will Close Dec 31st!
What is FC:U!?
Further Confusion: Unleashed, or FC:U, is Further Confusion’s variety talent show. We showcase talent from the furry community, giving you the chance to take the stage and show us what makes you special. Over the years we’ve had every sort of act, from dancers to poets to singers to yo-yo performers. Do you have a talent that you want to show off? Come join us on stage; we’ll be thrilled to have you!
Exact rehearsal times will be determined as the convention draws nearer. The mandatory dress rehearsal is usually on Sunday before the show, and it likely will be again. This rehearsal can last several hours, as we must go through the lighting and sound cues for each act. Fortunately, it is usually a fun opportunity to see your fellow performers in action! By submitting an act to FC:U, you are committing to come to rehearsals.
Judging and Prizes
Participants in FC:U don’t just get to perform on stage, they may also win some pretty fabulous prizes! Our panel of judges, both from outside and within the furry community, rank the acts based on their entertainment value and how well they represent the furry community. Prizes often include cash, snacks, and plenty of goodies, and there is more than one winner! We award prizes for First, Second, and Third Place, as well as an “Audience Choice” award.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit an act for the show?
You can click right here to get to our signup form!
I want to put a video in the show, is that allowed?
Yes, video submissions are allowed. Please submit as much information about your video as you can through the act submission link.
Can my act have lots of people in it?
Of course! Provided you can keep everyone focused and organized, the more the merrier!
I’m worried my act might be breaking a rule…
Submit your act anyway and send us an email. You can never know for sure until you ask, so please ask away! Send your questions to email@example.com.
Official Rules & Regulations
(These rules are subject to further revision)
- The official deadline for act submissions is December 31st. Acts are not typically accepted after that time.
- Stage Performances may consist of individuals or groups.
- Acts should be between 1 and 5 minutes long, with 2-4 minutes being ideal.
- All costumes and wardrobe appearing on-stage and on video must be suitable for a general audience. Costumes must conform to the Attendee Code of Conduct.
- The show content is rated equivalent to US MPAA PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned: Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. All acts must conform to that standard. In particular, excessively vulgar language, blatantly sexual situations, bondage and BDSM gear is considered unacceptable. Collars and leashes may be worn discreetly or if their use is a necessary part of the act. If in doubt, ask and ask early.
- Do not throw items off of the stage. This is a potentially dangerous situation and we are concerned for the safety of our performers and audience.
- Rehearsal times will be announced before the convention. By signing up to FC:U, you agree to come to rehearsal. If you miss a rehearsal, the act will cancelled. No exceptions.
- For the safety of our performers, we may ask that flash be disabled on cameras during the show.
- These rules are subject to change. Situations that are not explicitly covered here should be brought to the attention of the FC:U! Lead if necessary.