Another roundup chock-full of convention goodness! Read on here!
We’re thrilled to announce puppet designer and Jim Henson’s Creature Shop contestant Lex Rudd as our third Guest of Honor at FurCon 2015! Lex will join puppeteers Andy Heath and Warrick Brownlow-Pike as Guests of Honor in January, and we can’t wait!
2. Stay Tuned For 2014 FC Picnic Info!
UPDATE: View Picnic info here! We hope you join us on SUNDAY, September 14th at Fremont Central Park!
3. Marriott Executive Suite Charity Auction
Once again, Further Confusion will be holding our annual Executive Suite Charity Auction this month!
As many of you know, the Executive Suites at the San Jose Marriott are in limited supply; there are only four of them! Further Confusion holds two of these on higher floors for our Guests of Honor. This leaves the two remaining Executive Suites (on the 4th floor) available for our attendees in the Marriott. As we did last year, we are going to auction the reservation rights for both Exec Suites to benefit this year’s charity!
This year’s auction will open on the evening of Saturday, August 23rd. We will list both Executive Suites as separate listings on The Dealers Den for 2 weeks (ending September 6) with an initial bid of $100 each. At the close of bidding, the winner of each auction will have the right to reserve one the Executive Suites.
Some important points:
- This auction is a charity donation ONLY, and only secures your place for the option to rent these rooms. You must still reserve and pay for the Executive Suite as usual, in addition to the amount of the winning bid.
- If you cannot or choose not to honor the winning bid, the room will be offered to the next highest bidder.
- Though these Executive Suites are on the party floor, they are not by default a party room. They will be treated as any other guest room in the Marriott. If you wish to host an open-door party in this space, you may work with our hotel director to make sure your event falls within Further Confusion’s party policies.
- An existing reservation is not required. Like any other reservation, you will need to supply a credit card to the hotel cover the one-night deposit. If you have already reserved a room in the Marriott or the Hilton we can transfer your reservation to the new room, and adjust your deposit payment accordingly.
- Proceeds from this auction will be tallied in the donation to our charity, Rocket Dog Rescue, and you will receive a donation receipt.
A link to the auction listed will be posted on the Hotel page once the auction has opened.
Questions? Email [email protected].
4. DJ Auditions Close August 31st
Can you light up a crowd? Want to spin during one of our 5 nightly dances? Submit your 45 to 60-minute demo, and apply here! Auditions will close on August 31st at 11:59pm.
5. Party Floor Rooms Still Available!
Speaking of our nightlife, we have a small handful of rooms still available on the Party Floor! If you’re thinking of hosting a party, even if you don’t have all the details in order, submit an application here!
A note for planned parties: This year we’ll be offering scheduled parties FREE advertising space in our conbook! Submit a quarter-page advertisement to [email protected] by the end of November! (Also contact that email if you have any questions!)
6. Call for Volunteers and Go-Furs!
There’s a ton of great ways to be a part of the behind-the-scenes crew at FC! We are always looking for a hand in various departments across the convention. We’re always looking for help in Registration, ConOps, and Art Show, as well as looking for GoFurs to lend a hand in all areas of the con. Fill out our Volunteer form if you’re interested!
Regrettably, Further Confusion is unable to offer crash space to Gofurs in 2015. Volunteers who are planning to rely on this space should make other housing arrangements for the con. We apologize for the inconvenience.
7. Call For Panel Submissions!
Got a topic you’re passionate about? Want to share your latest tricks for watercoloring, inking, or fursuit building? Want to discuss spirituality of furry, or just join a social species meetup? Panel submissions are open! We’ll be taking submissions through mid-November. Check out more details on our various panel tracks (including Puppetry, returning for 2015!) and submit your idea here!
8. Conbook Submissions are Open!
Our 2015 Conbook is open for submissions of artwork and fiction! We’d love to see your take on our Victorian murder mystery theme. Review the image and literature guidelines here, and email [email protected] with your submission!
9. FC: Unleashed Act Submissions Open!
Can you sing, dance, or just want to tell jokes while wearing a fursuit? Our annual talent and variety show is open for act submissions! Prizes are awarded by a panel of judges!
10. Art Show Submissions Open!
Our Art Show is currently accepting applications to display and sell artwork! Panels remain just $10/each, be sure to read through the rules listed here!
Next Open Meeting: Saturday, Sept. 20th, 1PM in the San Jose Marriott (room TBD)