An Adventure in Comics and Gaming!
Further Confusion is one of the world's largest anthropomorphic (or "furry") conventions, which just celebrated its 15th year running! It is held in the San Jose Convention Center, San Jose Marriott, and San Jose Hilton. Many events and attractions, including the Dealers' Room, Art Show, and Main Stage will be at the East end of the Convention Center and within the San Jose Marriott. The dates of the 2014 convention will be January 16th through 20th.
Further Confusion features eminent guests, educational panels, a dealer's room with comics, artwork, collectibles and clothing, an art show, gaming, nightly dances and world-class costuming!
Further Confusion Logo Contest
Here at Further Confusion, we have been using the same logo for 16 years. We think it's high time for a change! To that end, we are inviting everyone who is interested to design a new logo with a contest! The winning design will go on to be our logo for years to come!
So here's the skinny...
When and Where!
- All contest submissions must be submitted by 12am Pacific Time, June 14th 2013 to be considered. All design submissions will be reviewed and a winner selected by the end of June.
- All submissions or contest questions can be directed to - FCLogoContest@furtherconfusion.org
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. In addition to having their design adopted as Further Confusion's official logo, The Grand Prize winner will receive a full Patron Membership for Further Confusion 2014, a featured spot on the Further Confusion 2014 website, a featured sport in the Further Confusion 2014 conbook, and copies of all Further Confusion 2014 merchandise created with the winning design!
- Five (5) Runner-Up Prizes will be awarded. Runners-Up will receive a full Sponsor Membership for Further Confusion 2014, a featured spot on the Further Confusion 2014 website, and a featured spot in the Further Confusion 2014 conbook!
- Winners and Runners-Up will be notified by email prior to public announcement on Further Confusion's website, Twitter feed, LiveJournal, Facebook and FurAffinity accounts.
- We are a family-friendly event, designs must be "PG" to be accepted for consideration.
- Designs should incorporate the the term "FurCon" (a registered service mark of AAE, Inc.) and, possibly, the full name of our event, "FURther CONfusion". Be creative!
- Designs should be clean and easy to understand and must look good in in either color or black and white!
- While we ARE a Furry event, designs should not incorporate specific critters or characters.
- Initial designs should be submitted in .jpg format and less than 10MB in size. If your design is selected we will ask for the full design in vector format. Final designs must be a vector-based format to enable easy scaling for use in a wide variety of social media, web, and merchandise applications.
- You may submit more than one entry. Each entry will be reviewed separately.
- Be sure to include your preferred contact information if it is not the email from which you submit your entry. Email contact is preferred, but phone number or mailing address will also work. We also need to know your real name which we will keep confidential.
The Legal Stuff!
- All artists grant Further Confusion and it's parent, Anthropomorphic Arts and Eduction, Inc., the right to post their designs in our forums, website, social media channels, promotional materials, and any other conveyance for any Further Confusion or Anthropomorphic Arts and Education Inc. business purposes.
- Further Confusion and it's parent, Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc., reserve the right to decline any design submissions without comment.
Most importantly, have fun and go wild! We're looking forward to seeing what awesomeness all of you create!
Dealer's Den Status
The Further Confusion 2014 Dealers Den applications are closed, and the room is sold out. The waiting list for the Further Confusion 2014 Dealers Den is full and is not currently accepting any further applications.
The Furry Market Place will be accepting applications sometime in the late summer, early fall. Watch this space for more information.
If you have any questions about the Further Confusion 2014 Dealers Den, the waiting list, or the Furry Market Place, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or watch this space for when our full updated information goes online later this month.
Our Twitter feed @furcon
has the most up-to-date information, including major announcements!
We often syndicate major updates and newsletters to our LiveJournal
Check out our FurAffinity
for artwork from past conventions, as well as sneak peaks of new stuff!
We are always accepting volunteers! Contact email@example.com if you'd like to help us out!
© 2013 Anthropomorphic Arts and Entertainment, Inc.
Header image and sidebar by Archaemic